“Ain’t never gonna be what it was.” – Little Big Roy
This episode features the voices of:
- Chris Bauer (Frank Sobotka) – on being Frank and his head to head with Valcheck
- Al Brown (Stan Valcheck) on his son in law, Prez.
- John Doman (Major Bill Rawls) – on conflict in the system.
- Jill Redding (Delores) on running a bar on “The Wire”
- Jeffrey Pratt Gordon (Johnny Fifty) – on Frank Sobotka
- Damond Gordon (Production Assistant on “The Wire”) on coming back for Season 2
- James Dyer (Empire Magazine and Pilot TV Magazine) the transition from season 1 to season 2
- Chris Hewitt (Empire Magazine) on the new theme tune and Tom Waits as Frank Sobotka
- Joe Kiely (Dave’s co-host on Shitegeist) on this seasons new catchphrase
- Andrew Johnstone (Podcaster and Marylander) on stained glass windows and the fate of the guys on the docks
Our burner message this week is from Brendan – who was liberal with the “C-bomb” and unsure about the state of his marriage! If you want to leave us a burner message use Whatsapp voice memo on our burner phone 📞 +447534 831 658
McNulty is “went where he didn’t want to go” aka harbor patrol with Diggsy. He discovers a corpse “floater” in the harbor and pays back Colonel Rawls by proving City Homicide are responsible for the investigation.
Major Valchek is pissed off when the boss of a local stevedore union named Frank Sobotka donates a more impressive gift to a local church. Sobotka meets with other union leaders and learns that a crucial pier is still in a state of disrepair. Sobotka instructs his nephew Nick to see The Greek regarding payment for a unknown container that he is smuggling through the port.
Later, Port Police Officer “Beadie” Russell stumbles across The Greek’s container and discovers the bodies of over a dozen young women inside.
Theme tune by Sam and Martin from Song by Song Podcast: www.songbysongpodcast.com
Season 2 Images from Cris Sutera: www.crissutera.co.uk
Follow Us Online
Leave a Whatsapp voice memo on our burner phone 📞 +447534 831 658