“They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out.” – McNulty
This episode features the voices of:
- Gerard Ender (Sam) on his famous death in The Wire
- Al Brown (Stan Valcheck) on his son in law, Prez.
- Jeffrey Pratt Gordon (Johnny Fifty) – trying to cheat on Irish breakfasts
- Antonio D Charity (Prison Offices Tilghman) – on vendettas
- James Dyer (Empire Magazine and Pilot TV Magazine) on human trafficking
- Chris Hewitt (Empire Magazine) on pettiness
- Andrew Johnstone (Podcaster and Marylander) the can of dead girls
- Dave Pickering (Podcaster on Getting Better Acquainted and The Family Tree) on stained glass windows
Our burner message this week is from Ryan on growing to love season 2! If you want to leave us a 60 seconds or less burner message record using your favourite voice recorder app and email it to burner@theWireStripped or Whatsapp voice memo on our burner phone 📞 +447534 831 658
McNulty is “went where he didn’t want to go” aka harbor patrol with Diggsy. He discovers a corpse “floater” in the harbor and pays back Colonel Rawls by proving City Homicide are responsible for the investigation.
Major Valchek is pissed off when the boss of a local stevedore union named Frank Sobotka donates a more impressive gift to a local church. Sobotka meets with other union leaders and learns that a crucial pier is still in a state of disrepair. Sobotka instructs his nephew Nick to see The Greek regarding payment for a unknown container that he is smuggling through the port.
Later, Port Police Officer “Beadie” Russell stumbles across The Greek’s container and discovers the bodies of over a dozen young women inside.
Theme tune by Sam and Martin from Song by Song Podcast: www.songbysongpodcast.com
Season 2 Images from Cris Sutera: www.crissutera.co.uk
Follow Us Online
Leave a Whatsapp voice memo on our burner phone 📞 +447534 831 658